15 July, 2011

Vintage sheet winners

I know it's standard to say that I wish you all could have won but it's really true! I loved the things you all wanted to make, and the suggestions I raided your grandparents' closets made me laugh, and generally it really sucks to have to only choose two. But it has to be done, so the first winner is:



And that's Quilary who said "I think I'd be making quite a few cushions, with a matching solid for the backs. Very pretty! Thanks for the chance. :)"

 Then I took her out of the running and the second winner is:

Who is Faery Sarah! She said "me likey! reminds me of sheets I had as a kid :-) I'd make softies out of them!"  And the bonuses of Sarah winning is that she was first and thus saved me counting down the comments (28 was a stretch I tell you) and actually lives in the same neighbourhood as me which saves on postage. And it also goes to show that being first to comment doesn't rule you out of giveaways that use a random number generator. I was first commentor on a giveaway a couple years ago and won, so I'm a firm believer in it being a lucky number!

Congrats ladies and an email will be on its way to you asap. And thanks to everyone else who took the time to enter and say such nice things about my taste in sheets :)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the winners xxx enjoy your sheets 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacqui, where can I buy this type of fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It probably depends a bit on where you live, but I know that here and in the States the cheapest place to find them are what we call Op Shops, or Charity Shops, like the Salvation Army, where they sell used clothes and household items. The percentage of nice sheets to very ordinary or totally horrible is fairly low though! I find most of mine on our version of eBay, which is more expensive but a better selection. There are also lots of traders on Etsy (www.etsy.com) that sell smaller sections of the sheets. Again, more expensive but you can get a wider range of patterns for less because you're not buying the whole sheet. Another option is new fabrics in the style of the old sheets - one range that came out a few months ago was 'Dream On' for Moda by Urban Chicks - you'll find lots of that around if you just google it. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats to the winners! have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe yay! I love them! When i saw I was the first comment I thought... oh well won't win this one BUT YAY!!!!!!! thanks Jacqui!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the info. Forgot to mention to you that I live in Leigh (Warkworth)part of Auckland City Council. Not that far from you :)  I've looked on the Dream On line on Etsy (via your link). They are beautiful and cheap too (except for the postage).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails