08 October, 2009

Quilt WIP

Amy's Quilt WIP

I've been struggling along with this quilt since the intended recipient was a few days old - back in February that is. But hey, she's not even crawling yet so it still counts as a baby present right? RIGHT? Anyways, after many fits and starts and crises of confidence about fabric choices and trips to the quilting store it's finally ready for quilting. I've also passed through various ideas about how to do that, seeing as I've never quilted before, but have discarded stitch-in-the-ditch as being too hard after doing it on my pencil crayon rolls, and I think free motion would detract from the geometric nature of it, so I've decided to go with a line of stitching on either side of the seamline. I saw it on a quilt on someone's blog a few weeks ago (if it was you speak up so I can give proper credit!) and I thought it would give the same effect as SITD but be more forgiving of slight wobbles. I'm quite excited about it all now, the end is in sight, in the final stretch, light at the end of the tunnel etc. etc. Then I can start thinking about Xmas stuff har har.

1 comment:

  1. I just finished a baby quilt too! I had no idea how to quilt and just did wavy lines from one short end to the other. I can't wait to see yours when it's done. I saw that invisible zip tutorial too. How awesome is that! All the best.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails