03 June, 2009

A commission!


Photo scale bag WIP, originally uploaded by Ansis68.

I'm going to have to change my profile blurb, Mat's asked me to make him something! He needs a bag for his photo scales - that red and white stick there. Important archaeological tool that! This is a photo of my supplies - jeans to cut up for the outside, green for the lining, gingham for the pocket linings. I need to make some inner pockets for a notebook and pen, calculator and compass. I've got the design roughed out and I'm ready to go! But when exactly?

I'm having huge problems allocating time right now. I have four projects that have roughly equal urgency in my mind - the quilt, the bunny tutorial, a clothkit skirt for me (but which one?!), and this bag. Oh, and a paper to write to present at a conference in Wellington next week! So how do I decide what to work on? I guess really the paper needs to come first - that's a hard-and-fast deadline and I'll be standing behind the podium on Thursday next whether the paper is done or not! And I need clothes to wear while I'm up there (now there's a stress dream if ever I heard one) so I need the skirt. Mat's beginning to harass me about the bag, so I suppose that's next - which leaves the quilt last AGAIN. It keeps getting pushed back and Amy keeps getting bigger in the photos. I need more time in the day!

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the quilt Amy will be here for a long time and she will never outgrow it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's so hard to choose when it comes to crafting. I suppose the lecture stuff has to come first....but oh man, that clothkit skirt...I gotta get my hands on some of those kits...LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah yes but is he paying you? :) and i know what you mean about not enough time in the day to get stuff done

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails